Glocal Harmony at Point Cook Homestead
Imagine stepping back in time into a world before fences and TV and fast food separated us, where people could freely share of themselves, their passions and gifts and time, and create wonderment with each other.
We are aiming to generate a safe community space and event connecting people of all backgrounds and cultures together to share skills, inspiration, food, stories, preloved goods, healings and readings, and ideas.
For those that live on the fringe and are familiar with Burning Seed, Confest and Rainbow Gatherings, we are aiming to bring some of those elements into the mainstream so we can begin to experience connectedness with the whole human family, not just our festival tribe (though we love them dearly!).
For those that have hovered in the mainstream, this is a chance to step into something unique, exquisitely simple yet profoundly effective. Take a small step sideways, away from the TV and games and magazines and shopping malls, and come together with your neighbours from all corners of the globe to co-create an event TOGETHER.
This is a seed event at the stunning grounds of the Point Cook homestead. If this goes well there will be many more opportunities for ALL members of the community to join together in collaboration and create events and projects at the site, especially around creativity wellness and sustainability
If you are able to assist in any way we would love to hear from you!!
Any money raised will go towards the grounds and buildings to enable us to co-create more events and projects on the site.
COME AND ENJOY AND CREATE
• Workshops and demonstrations on a vast range of topics including creative arts, wellness and sustainability, permaculture, culture, environmental and social issues.
• Open spaces for anyone to offer a talk discussion or demonstration of something that inspires them.
• Site tours of the stunning grounds and homestead
• Live performance from local dance, circus and music groups
• Open Stage performance space for anyone to make a contribution
• Co-creation of a garden mandala (please bring food or herb plant cuttings and seedlings to share)
• Gift market – feel free to bring a rug and your preloved clothes / bric a brac, excess food produce, books etc. to gift or swap
Let’s create someplace wonderful together